Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Cafe Anh

DSC_0210I have been going to this cute cafe for the last 7 years but not regularly. Last week with my friend's son, I went back to Anh Cafe and enjoyed the experience and very much.

Cafe Anh, 70 Nguyen DuRight opposite Thien Quang Lake, this is a great place for people-watching. The big trees in front provide shade for the customers and a nice breeze from the lake blows across, which is a blessing in the heat of the Hanoi summer. The coffee isn't the best in town but it passes the test on a morning when I am a bit slow to get going. I take my coffee with a slightly bigger pour of condensed milk and ice. Of course, in summer, hot coffee is out of the question - though sometimes my street food tour customers still prefer that.

Cafe Anh, 70 Nguyen DuPerhaps the best featyre of this cafe is the owner, a skinny old man who wanders up and own the line of customers sweeping up the discarded sunflower seed husks and collecting the money. His cafe is really a part of old Hanoi, I guess and that's reason enough to come back again and again.
Cafe Anh
70 Nguyen Du - Hanoi

9 comments:

Stone flower said...

A peace space and beautiful decoration need to enjoy a cup of coffee and feel its delicious favor.

Pecky Swiff said...

Coffee - brewed beverage with a distinct aroma and flavor prepared from the roasted seeds of the Coffee plant. You will start a new day with a cup of coffee to enjoy comfortable feeling.

Small rose said...

Flavor of coffee is sweet. Some coffees have a sweetness that is nothing to do with added sugar. Sweet coffees are smooth and mild, with a hint of caramel or fruit.

White windows said...

A delicious taste with a cup of tea for a working day.

Vietnam tour said...

I like cafe. Cafe delicious.

Vietnam travel guide said...

Thank your post. I like post.

Grand Vietnam tours said...

I like your post.

Unknown said...

It was great with your Trip and I hope that You miss up 1 place in Vietnam .There are HCM Cooking School where you can disocver almost of Things about Vietnamese Life style ,cuisine ,agriculture and Culture .Click in Here if you have been in Vietnam one More time : http://hochiminhcookingclass.com/

Trend Gamis Lebaran Tahun 2015 said...

I’m really enjoying the design and layout of your blog. It’s a very easy on the eyes which makes it much more enjoyable for me to come here and visit more often. Did you hire out a developer to create your theme? Superb work!